CREATORS CAFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Most active topics
Latest topics
A Latte Advice From Env!Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:10 amENV
Pitching ResourcesSat Dec 28, 2019 6:08 pmENV
Author Pitch GuideSat Dec 28, 2019 5:52 pmENV
Suggestion BoxSat Dec 28, 2019 4:24 pmENV
Artist Pitch GuideSat Dec 28, 2019 3:11 pmENV
Top posting users this week
No user
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

View the whole list

Go down
ENV
ENV
Admin
https://creatorcafe.forumotion.com

Artist Pitch Guide Empty Artist Pitch Guide

Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:11 pm
Creating an Artist Pitch

What is an Artist Pitch and why make one?

Well if you're like me and picky with the stories that interest you, odds are you'll find it difficult to discover an Author's Pitch that you'd want to jump on. So instead you can create an Artist Pitch where you can share your preference and portfolio.

That way, authors whose story fits your category and feels your art suits it, can come towards you!

What should you include in an Artist Pitch?

Title of the Topic: When you create your Artist Pitch you'll be creating a New Topic. Make sure it's something that's to the point and would grab your targeted author's attention.

General Information: Include a bit about yourself, penname, age, experience, Have you collaborated with an author before, or do you usually create your own stories?

Genre/Interest: What kind of story are you interested in drawing for? Why do those genres pull you in?

Participation: What will you be contributing to this collaboration? Are you interested in just line art, flats, and/or storyboarding? Would you like to work on developing the story or characters with the authors? What do you want your author to contribute to, or be flexible with?

Limitations: Along with participation, what are somethings you don't enjoy doing or aren't confident in drawing? Backgrounds, mecha, nsfw?

Art: Now to the art. What is your drawing style, how fast can you usually draw?
Link your portfolio if you have one, your social media if you have an art account, and/or a link to your webcomic if you currently publish on a platform.

If you'd rather post 2-5 examples of your best work, or the style they should expect from you, that's fine too!

Example:

Interested in Strong and Unique Sci-fi Story to collab with!

I go by Env, and I'm a 20-year-old who's been drawing for more than half her life. I create and draw my own stories, but would really like to collab with an author who has a solid story and realistic/relatable characters. I plan on collaborating with a friend on her story but would like some experience beforehand so I am prepared.

I'm not picky on the genre, however, I don't want horror/ thriller as I'm not confident in those areas. I'm most picky about the story itself. I want it to have a good pace, with a strong plot, and even stronger characters. I love drawing fully thought out characters that I can bring to life by drawing. If your genre is fantasy or Sci-fi with a unique twist then it's definitely something I'll consider.

I'd like to work together with the storyboarding process, and I'll do all of the art if you're not artistic. But if you can help with flats then that's a plus. If you don't know how to do flats, but would like to learn I can teach you and we can work together with the art. If I find something about the story that I don't like or find it could be improved I would like to help revise it. If you're not comfortable with your story being touched or want to leave it exactly as is because you feel it's perfect then I'm not the artist for you. Unless you've been working on it your entire life and it really is flawless.

I'm also not one to say I'm perfect. Everything can be improved, even my art. And if you don't like the way I draw a certain panel then you're absolutely welcome to correct me. It's a mutual partnership and I expect honesty from you as you should expect it from me.

I'm still practicing backgrounds, but I have no problem drawing them and will do my best. I also usually don't draw nsfw, but as long as I'm not attached to the characters I don't mind much, huehue.

My art style is very clean with flat colors that fall under the basic Japanese anime style. I'm currently working on developing a new consistent style that I find fun and easy. I don't mind doing shading if it better fits the story, but please keep in mind it does lengthen the process. I don't have a portfolio, however, I do have a webtoon I currently publish on Webtoons called Pursuing Rejection that I'll provide the link to below and you can go over if you'd like. Please be aware that the most recept episodes display my style best.

> www.MyWebtoonLink.com
> www.MyOtherArtStuffHere.com

Please keep in mind that this is just to give you inspiration on what you can include. All of the above is not necessary when creating a pitch, as long as you can get you intended idea across it doesn't matter how much or how little you write. Take what resonates and go from there.

As the Forum grows I'll continue to edit and add examples of good Artist Pitches I find to the post below.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum